Your Voice Advocacy (YVA) is an organisation that provides independent advocacy for people with learning disabilities across the areas of Neath Port Talbot and Swansea in South Wales.
YVA was established in 1989 and is both a Registered Charity (No: 1001271) and a Company Limited by Guarantee (No: 2553487) and has developed into a vital part of the Learning Disability support network in South Wales and celebrated its 25th year in 2014.
We maintain excellent links and work in partnership with Local Authority and Learning Disability Services yet remain staunchly independent and able to challenge at high levels. YVA also has close working relationships with other organisations in the community that provide care and support such as Swansea People First, Community Lives Consortium, Mencap, Gwalia and Walsingham.
We are members of the Learning Disability Provider Forum in both Neath Port Talbot and Swansea which brings together organisations including those above, residential care providers and Social Services that provide services for people with learning disabilities and vulnerable adults to promote and share best practice.
At YVA we pride ourselves on achieving positive outcomes for our clients. We regularly receive excellent feedback for our services from the diverse set of people and organisations we work with.
Download an information leaflet on our projects and services HERE
- We aim to:
1) Enable and empower people to make informed choices and express their views
2) Support people to access appropriate information and services.
3) Defend and promote the rights and responsibilities of our clients in the community.
4) Work in partnership with vulnerable individuals and give them a voice in the decisions that affect their daily lives.
- We believe in the rights of people with learning disabilities to make choices and understand those choices.
- We are committed to the principles of the right of people with learning disabilities to live as valued individuals in the community providing additional support as necessary.
- We recognise our greatest assets are the people who work for Your Voice Advocacy and we continue to value our staff.
- We recognise the value of abilities that play a part in the organisation and focus on the importance of individuals.
Photograph by Emma Scott