- Your Voice Advocacy is a registered as a CHARITY with the Charity Commission (Reg No: 1001271, since Dec 1990)
- Your Voice Advocacy is also a company LIMITED BY GUARANTEE and not having a share capital (Company No: 2553487)
- As such Your Voice Advocacy has to abide to a Memorandum of Association or Constitution (please refer to appendices)
- The Registered Office of Your Voice Advocacy will be situated in Wales (Swansea)
Committee and Trustees
The ultimate responsibility for the management of Your Voice Advocacy rests with a Management Committee of trustees/directors (The Management Committee).
The Management of the Charity is the responsibility of the Management Committee and its officers who are elected and co-opted under the terms of the Charity Commission Scheme.
- Steve Powell (Chairperson) Steve’s background is in banking, finance and consulting and has sat on several boards and committees in the past bringing these skills and experience to the running of Your Voice Advocacy.
- Carl West (Treasurer)– Carl has great experience in the world of finance and currently works for an accountancy firm Gordon Down in Swansea.
- Neil Williams (Trustee) – Neil is originally from Essex but has been very active in the local learning disability community in Swansea over the past six years. He is currently Chair and a Community Champion at Swansea People First supporting his peers to access rights, services and information.
- Barbara Jacobs (Trustee) – Barbara was for many years a Carers Support Officer and then Welfare Rights Adviser. Since retiring, Barbara has volunteered with Shelter Cymru and Swansea Citizens Advice Bureau and currently volunteering with Face It, a club for people with a learning disability.
- Michael Cohen (Trustee) – Until his retirement Mike lectured in Philosophy, first at Bangor university and then at Swansea. Mike was a committee member of the Association of University Teachers and co-founder of the Council for Academic Freedom and Academic Standards, co-authoring booklets and contributing articles to journals on these subjects.
- Eugene Jenkins (Trustee) – Eugene turned away from a career in administration to retrain in the field of Alternative Medicine, setting up her own business and teaching therapies to others. Now retired, Eugene continues to practice as a volunteer with SCVS Involve, working with adults with a learning disability.