- Your Voice Advocacy provides independent ‘crisis’ advocacy for people with learning disabilities in Neath Port Talbot and Swansea.
- This involves representing someone during specific, immediate and serious situations in their lives, empowering them with information, advice and a voice in the decisions that affect them.
- A ‘Crisis’ Advocate may attend meetings or court with you and liaise with professionals on your behalf such as social workers or solicitors. Crisis Advocacy is time limited and support from an advocate will finish when a case is resolved.
- They are there to allow you to express your views, wishes and opinions and can help you make informed choices about what to do next by using accessible information and resources.
- Crisis Advocacy is currently funded by City and County of Swansea in 2014-15 and a brand new project focusing on issues of Accommodation, Transition to Adult Care and Finances is funded by Lloyds Bank Foundation starting in 2015
- For more information or to make a referral please contact us on (01792) 646573, email email@example.com