- ‘A Parent’s Voice’ is a brand new project funded by the Big Lottery – People and Places to provide independent ‘Family Advocacy’ for parents with learning disabilities in Neath Port Talbot and Swansea.
- Parents with learning disabilities whose children may be subject to safeguarding or child protection procedures receive very little support without the provision of independent advocacy.
- A ‘Family Advocate’ may attend meetings with you and liaise with professionals on your behalf such as social workers or solicitors.
- With the support of a ‘Family Advocate’ our clients are able to better understand the complex and emotionally draining processes involved and have access to information, rights and services.
- Family Advocacy can benefit all parties in these very difficult situations which have become particularly prevalent over the past few years.
- We are currently setting up parenting support and peer-to-peer training workshops regarding related topics like Sex and Relationships and Pregnancy
- For more information or to make a referral please contact us on (01792) 646573, email firstname.lastname@example.org
(CLICK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD A LEAFLET)